Website The Port Authority of NY & NJ
Move the Region and the World
The Port Authority’s Tunnels, Bridges and Terminal Department (TB&T) runs some of the busiest and most critical transportation facilities in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan region. The six vehicular crossings (the George Washington Bridge, Lincoln Tunnel, Holland Tunnel, Goethals Bridge, Bayonne Bridge and Outerbridge crossing), and the Port Authority Bus Terminal in Midtown and the George Washington Bridge Bus Station in northern Manhattan serve nearly 1 million travelers daily. It takes a dedicated team of hundreds of men and women to operate these facilities safely, efficiently, and with a high standard of customer service. We are rebuilding facilities and systems, with two major bridge replacements and a new electronic toll collection system underway, and several mega projects that are modernizing our facilities and systems to meet future travel demands.
TB&T is seeking experienced operations professionals to join our team of Field Supervisors. Field Supervisors within TB&T oversee facility operations, which includes oversight over tolls, security guards, emergency garage functions, and the facility’s communication desk. Successful candidates will receive a mix of on-the-job and classroom training to provide the foundation of knowledge and skills needed to become successful in the Field Operations Supervisor role, and also prepare for future senior management roles. Our ideal candidate has previous supervisory experience in the operations, transportation, emergency response or public safety fields or military experience. Interested candidates should know the following important details about the position:
- Candidates must be willing to rotate through TB&T facilities including the Holland Tunnel, Lincoln Tunnel and George Washington Bridge (GWB) as well as travel to facilities where training is delivered.
- Candidates will be required to work rotating tour assignments including days, nights, weekends and holidays, 8-hour tours and 12-hour tours without exception.
- Selected candidates will be regularly assessed throughout the program including written exams and field evaluations.
- The Field Operations Supervisor position is a unionized position.
- Successful candidates will need to pass a background check and medical exam.
- Must possess an Associates degree or have completed a minimum of 60 college credits from an accredited college or university
- Must have three (3) years full-time paid work experience working in operations, transportation or traffic management, emergency management, manufacturing, military, facilities management or logistics or related fields; with one (1) of those years in a full-time paid supervisory role
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
The ideal candidate will present the following qualifications profile:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Emergency Management, Public Administration, Facility Management or a related field is preferred.
- Experience managing large teams in a unionized environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to communicate with diverse populations and motivate others.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Knowledge of tolls/vehicular operations and traffic management.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and direct subordinate staff in performance of varied operations programs.
- Knowledge of emergency response procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs, including Microsoft’s Office suite and other enterprise systems.
- Ability to draft clear and concise communications and reports.
To apply for this position, go to: https://bit.ly/2O7s46A and click ‘Apply Now’. Please be sure to complete all steps of the application process and click Submit at the end. Applicants will receive a generated confirmation email upon application completion.
The deadline to apply is Sunday, October 14, 2018 at 11:59pm EST.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The Port Authority of New York & New Jersey/Port Authority Trans-Hudson (PATH) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.