Website Palo Alto Fire Department
Accepting applications in March!
Palo Alto is the only City Fire Department in Santa Clara County that provides Advanced Life Support Transport in addition to Fire Service, and we work hard at it. The PAFD answers 8,000 calls to serve the greater Palo Alto community every year–more than half require medical response. That’s just the beginning.
From emergency medical response to wildland urban interface management, the talented and energetic women and men of the PAFD provide innovative and high quality services to the 125,000 people who work and live in Palo Alto each day. They are the heart of what makes PAFD the best department to work for.
We are looking for unique individuals to join us in serving the safety needs of our community, and will be accepting applications for Firefighter EMT and Firefighter Paramedics in March.
The Palo Alto Fire Department offers excellent opportunities for career growth and an amazing team with which to work plus offers competitive salary and benefits:
- Starting pay at $85,000 annually
- 48/96 Schedule (Two 24 hours shifts back-to-back, followed by 4 days off)
- Differential pay for special certifications
- Vacation starting at five shifts per year
- Tour trades allowing for time off without using vacation
- Six shifts of sick leave per year
- Retirement Pension with a 2.7% at 57, with military service counting towards years of service
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurance Coverage
- Medical Insurance coverage after retirement
- Tuition reimbursement
The job announcement will be posted in March. To learn more about this opportunity and the department visit PAFD.org
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/paloaltoca/default.cfm →