Website San Marcos Fire Department
The San Marcos Fire Department is dedicated to providing a well-trained, motivated, and diverse team of professionals that delivers excellence in prevention, educational programs, and emergency response services to our community in a safe, responsible, and efficient manner.
The City of San Marcos will conduct a Civil Service Examination in order to establish an eligibility list for hiring Firefighters. This eligibility list will be in effect for a period of one year from the test date or until the list has been exhausted, whichever occurs first.
Test site: Starting Salary: Incentive Pay:
April 13, 2018
NO ADMITTANCE TO THE TEST SITE AFTER 9:00 AM
San Marcos Activity Center, 501 E. Hopkins, San Marcos, Texas 78666
$4,106 Monthly ($49,268 Annual)
Firefighters are eligible to receive incentive pay for Education, TCFP Certification, and/or Advanced EMS certifications (see below for more information)
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
- Must be at least eighteen (18) years of age and not over thirty-five (35) years of age on the date of the
- Must be a high school graduate or have equivalency certificate certified by the issuing agency (i.e.: Texas
- Must hold a Texas Department of State Health Services “DSHS” Emergency Medical Services Certification
Paramedic (National Registry, Licensed, or Certification).
- Must possess a Basic (or above) Structure Fire Suppression Certification from the Texas Commission on
Fire Protection or documentation from the Texas Commission on Fire Protection stating that the applicant
is certified as a firefighter on the date of examination.
- Must be able to obtain a Class B Texas Driver’s License within one year of employment.
- Must comply with all applicable Civil Service Requirements and Regulations.
• Proof of valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- The Fire Chief may consider the applicant’s failure to remove his/her name from any and all other fire
department’s eligibility list(s), and provide verification as requested, as a good and sufficient reason to
pass over that applicant for initial appointment to a beginning position.
- Applicants can receive up to $100/month for a College Degree or higher level TCFP Certification
- EMT-Paramedics will receive an additional $150/month for maintaining their Paramedic Certification
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com