Website City of Lancaster, Bureau of Fire
City of Lancaster, A City Authentic
Fire Chief – Fire – January 5 2018 – full postingPrimary Function
Responsible for directing all activities of the City Bureau of Fire, with a primary emphasis on the formulation and execution of broad policies and the coordination of work within the department and on an interdepartmental level; serves as a member of the Mayor’s Executive Leadership Team.
Training and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, business management, fire science or other related field is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 12 – 15 years experience required, 15 or more preferred, as a firefighter in the professional fire service,including at least six (6-8) years of experience in a supervisory role or an equivalent level of experience and training
as determined by the City.
- Executive Fire Officer or Chief Fire Officer certification is preferred.Licenses and Certificates
- Possession of a valid Pennsylvania State Driver’s License.
- NIMS 300 – 400
- Fire Instructor II
- First Responder certification
- Hazardous Materials Operation certification
- Safety Officer certification
- Emergency Medical Technician certification preferred, but not required.Comments
- Requires operation of a motor vehicle.
- This position generally maintains a Monday – Friday, day shift schedule. It will require the employee to performovertime or unscheduled work in accordance with operational demands and this includes emergency response as
well as participating in meetings and functions outside of the normal work week.
- A combination of education, training, and experience will be considered.
- This description was prepared to indicate the kinds of activities and levels of work difficulty required of positions inthis class. It is not intended as a complete list of specific duties and responsibilities.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.cityoflancasterpa.com/city-job-listings →