Website City of Visalia
The Visalia Fire Department is recruiting for Firefighter Paramedic Trainee/Firefighter Paramedic (depending on qualifications). Successful candidates will be required to complete the City of Visalia’s Fire Academy which runs up to 10 weeks.
Monthly Salary: Firefighter Paramedic Trainee $3,761-$4,728/Firefighter Paramedic $5,589-$7,013
Firefighter Paramedic Trainee and Firefighter Paramedic require:
- Graduation from high school or G.E.D. Associate’s Degree in Fire Science or related field is desirable.
- Graduation from a Firefighter Academy.
- Possession of California or National Registry of Paramedic License.
- Must obtain local accreditation through CCEMSA (Central California Emergency Medical Services Agency) within three (3) months from appointment.
- Possession of a valid California Driver’s License, Class B within one year from date of appointment.
- Possession of valid ACLS, PALS and CPR card by time of appointment.
- Possession of valid California Physical Ability Test (CPAT) certificate by date of appointment. Certificate must be dated within one year of filing deadline.
In addition a Firefighter Paramedic Trainee requires:
- One (1) year experience as a Paramedic.
- Obtain State of California Firefighter I Certificate within one year from date of appointment.
In addition a Firefighter Paramedic requires:
- Entry level requires either six (6) months full-time paid work experience and/or one (1) year reserve/volunteer service in fire suppression. Lateral requires two (2) years full-time paid work experience in fire suppression.
- Possession of State of California Firefighter I Certificate by time of appointment.
For more information and application materials visit our website at www.visalia.city under Jobs in the City. Application filing deadline is Monday, December 18th at 5pm.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://agency.governmentjobs.com/visalia/default.cfm →