SALARY: $53,260.48 – $74,721.92 Annual
1) High school diploma or its equivalent.
2) Must possess a valid motor vehicle operator’s license at time of application and throughout employment with the City of Omaha.
3) Must be able to read and comprehend at least at an 11th grade level.
1) By the end of the training academy, eligible candidates must hold a current certificate from the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) OR hold a current Nebraska EMT license (Title 172 , Chapter 11 of the Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services) which may be obtained by completing an Emergency Medical Technician Course that meets the United States Department of Transportation, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, and National Emergency Medical Services Education Standards for Emergency Medical Technician course. If you have not obtained this certification by the time of the training academy, you will obtain it during the training academy as one of your classes.
2) Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends, and holidays.
3) Must be willing to submit to (following a final consideration) a background investigation, credit history, and driving abstract. Must be willing to submit to (following a conditional offer) a psychological and medical examination, a drug, vision, hearing test, and possibly a polygraph test. Must have far visual acuity less than 20/40 binocular, corrected with contact lenses or spectacles, or far visual acuity less than 20/100 binocular for wearers of hard contacts or spectacles, uncorrected. Must be able to distinguish colors and be able to see peripherally with both eyes.
4) Must be willing to sign an agreement not to consume any tobacco products, on or off-duty during the probationary period (1st year). Must be willing to submit to random drug testing after being hired.
HOW TO APPLY:
Completed City of Omaha employment applications must be submitted using the on-line application from the City website. It is the sole responsibility of the applicant to check and ensure that any and all required application materials and supplemental forms are received by the City of Omaha Human Resources Department by the stated deadline. You may confirm receipt of any materials and forms by contacting the Human Resources Department. If the materials are not received in the Human Resources Department by the stated deadline, they will not be considered. There will be no exceptions to this rule.
APPLICATION DATES: 4/11/17 – 5/11/17
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: https://hr.cityofomaha.org/employments →