Website City of Oceanside
Application Deadline: 10/22/2017
The City of Oceanside is accepting applications for the position of Fire Battalion Chief. There is currently one vacancy in the Oceanside Fire Department.
Under direction, the Fire Battalion Chief directs, commands and coordinates the activities of an assigned fire suppression battalion or a major administrative support division within the Fire Department; provides staff support and assistance to the Fire Chief and Deputy Fire Chief(s) in managing the operations and administration of the department; assists in the overall management of the department; interacts with the community as a senior fire representative on matters relating to the efficient delivery of City services; and performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience: Seven years of full-time paid experience in a Fire Department, including at least four years as a Fire Captain, or higher, in a Fire Department.
Training: A Bachelor’s degree in fire science, fire administration, public administration, or a related field.
For this recruitment only, as a condition of employment, candidate(s) selected for this position who do not possess a Bachelor’s degree, must obtain their Bachelor’s degree prior to the end of the probationary period (12 months).
Candidates who have not yet attained a Bachelor’s degree must submit, at time of application, an academic plan including official transcripts showing the progress towards obtaining their Bachelor’s degree.
- Possession of a valid California driver’s license at the time of appointment. Must maintain a valid California driver’s license as a condition of continued employment.
- Completion of the 50-hour Blue Card online training course is required. Information regarding the course can be found at www.bshifter.com.
Must obtain the following certifications within 12 months of appointment:
- Intermediate Wildland Fire Behavior (S-290) – California State Fire Marshal
- Intermediate Incident Command (I-300) – California State Fire Marshal
- Strike Team Leader course completion – California State Fire Marshal
- Hazardous Materials Incident Command or Hazardous Materials Command 2B – California State Fire Marshal
- Engine Boss – California State Fire Marshal
- Blue Card Incident Command
- Blue Card Instructor
How To Apply: To view the complete job announcement and to apply, visit the City’s website at http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us. EOE
In addition to the online application, applicants must submit:
- Cover letter
- Current résumé
- Bachelor’s Degree or Academic Plan and Official Transcripts
- Blue Card Incident Command certification or proof of 50-hour Blue Card online course completion.
- Copies of certifications
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ci.oceanside.ca.us →