City of Moline, IL
The City of Moline (pop. 43,483) is located between the banks of the Mississippi and Rock Rivers in western Illinois and borders the State of Iowa. Moline is located 165 miles west of Chicago. As one of the Quad Cities, Moline is a historic community with a vibrant downtown in a metropolitan area of more than 380,000 people.
The City of Moline, a full service community of more than 16 square miles, is seeking experienced fire service professionals as candidates to lead the Moline Fire Department. The Fire Department has a complement of 63 members, consisting of 1 Chief, 3 Battalion Chiefs, 3 Captains, 9 Lieutenants, 12 Engineers, 33 Firefighter/Paramedics, 1 Fire Inspector and 1 Training Officer. In 2016, the Fire Department responded to approximately 6,000 fire related incidents (57 working fires) and over 5,000 emergency medical calls for service. The Moline Fire Department serves the community through 4 stations strategically located throughout the City. The Moline Fire Department is a member of Illinois MABAS Division 43. In addition to providing traditional fire and emergency medical services, the Department provides Hazardous Materials response and Technical and Water Rescue services. The position of Fire Chief is being reinstated following the retirement of the Public Safety Director, who served in that capacity over both the Police and Fire Departments since 2012. All sworn members below the Battalion Chiefs are represented by the International Association of Firefighters Local 581.
A candidate for the position of Fire Chief:
· Must be a proven leader, committed to the growth and development of the Department.
· Be an exceptional communicator, able to thoughtfully represent the interests of the Department and the City.
· Able to research, analyze and develop positions on all issues impacting the fire service in the community and capable of implementing consistent and fair application of department policies and practices throughout the organization.
· Have a history of success in working in a collective bargaining environment.
· Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Fire Science or a related field.
- A Master’s Degree and Command level leadership training such as advanced Fire Officer Certifications, Executive Officer, Staff and Command, Chief Executive Officer are desirable.
· Have ten (10) years of service in fire protection and emergency medical services, including five (5) years of supervisory and administrative experience in a full-time, paid fire organization; or equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
· Have the Office of the State Fire Marshal Firefighter Basic Certification or Firefighter II Certification and the Office of the State Fire Marshal Fire Officer I and II Certifications.
· Have experience in a leadership position in a comparable sized municipal fire service agency.
Candidates must possess well developed communication and public presentation skills, as well as utmost integrity, and be committed to the long range success of the Moline Fire Department. The Fire Chief is appointed by the City Administrator with the Advice and Consent of the Mayor and City Council. The starting salary range for the position is $108,127 to $136,328 DOQ with excellent benefit package. Submit resume, cover letter and contact information for 5 professional references by September 29, 2017 to Paul M. Harlow at: www.govhrusa.com/current-positions/recruitment. Electronic submissions are required. Telephone inquiries: (847) 380-3240.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://govhrusa.theresumator.com/apply/O227Q3aC3u/Moline-IL-Fire-Chief →