City of De Pere
The City of De Pere is excited to announce the addition of three Battalion Chief positions to the De Pere Fire Rescue Department. The City of De Pere is seeking three experienced fire service professionals to fill the new roles.
The Battalion Chief is a working supervisor that supervises 6-10 employees between two stations. The Battalion Chiefs are primarily stationed at the administrative offices and supervise the Lieutenants at both stations. The Battalion Chief plans, directs, coordinates, and supervises the day-to-day operations of the assigned shift to establish and maintain a safe work environment that ensures a high degree of operational readiness to maximize the level of service provided to the community. The City of De Pere Fire Rescue Department exists to serve the community and responds to primarily EMS calls.
The City of De Pere is a positive, team-oriented organization with a commitment to providing exceptional customer service to its community. The City of De Pere strives to attract, develop, and retain critical talent by promoting a diversity of thought, valuing differing perspectives, and empowering employees to share their authentic viewpoints at all levels and functions within the City. Diversity and inclusiveness enhance our employee’s ability to be thoughtful, effective and efficient while providing the very highest level of municipal service to our community. If you enjoy a busy, positive work environment and the chance to contribute to the quality of life for a whole community, this job may be the right fit for you!
1. Associate Degree in Fire Science or related field; Bachelor’s preferred.
2. Ten years fire service experience, including five years of experience in a supervisory/command position with a full service municipal, county or state agency performing fire and EMS service responsibilities. Work history should show a progression of increased responsibility culminating in role equivalent to a Fire Officer.
3. Certified as Firefighter I and Firefighter II.
4. Certified as a Driver/Operator Pumper and Aerial.
5. Certified as Fire Officer I.
6. Current National Registry or State of Wisconsin Emergency Medical Technician – Basic certification or higher.
7. Valid unencumbered Wisconsin driver’s license and safe driving record.
A combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
Typical Work Schedule: Works 24 hours on and 48 hours off (Chicago Schedule). Plus additional hours as required for training, meetings, emergencies, etc.
Salary: The 2019 full salary range is $74,422 – $102,086. Applicants are typically hired between steps 1 and 6. Step 6 is $85,051.
How to Apply: Apply online at www.de-pere.org; then click on the Jobs tab and then the position title.
Application Deadline: Applications are being accepted until the position is filled. Review of the applications will begin the first week of January.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer seeking a talented and diverse workforce.
To apply for this job please visit www.de-pere.org.